12 Oct Abdomen
Abdominal Ultrasounds help healthcare professionals see organs and structures within the abdomen.
Abdominal Ultrasounds help healthcare professionals see organs and structures within the abdomen. The most common organs visualized in this type of ultrasound are the liver, pancreas, kidneys, spleen and the gallbladder. In addition, the inferior vena cava, the aorta and other blood vessels can also be examined with abdomen sonography.
The following are some of the conditions that this type of ultrasound can help diagnose:
- Kidney or gallbladder stones.
- Abdominal pain or distention.
- Abnormal organ enlargement or atypical blood flow to different areas.
- Abnormalities in the liver or other organs’ functionality.
- Abdomen complete.
- Abdomen limited.
- Retroperitoneal complete.
- Retroperitoneal limited.